Wednesday, March 10, 2010

Art is messy!!


I keep getting down on myself for my cluttered, messy studio. But after some thought (years actually) I've decided that any creative process is messy. (Remember childbirth???). When I get into a project I'm up to my armpits in yarn, pencils, paint, etc. I look at artist mags and see the perfect, organized studios, and think, what's wrong with me? How can I create in this chaos? Then I remember that in college, I was really into pottery class. That was a huge mess! I would go over to the art room and throw pots early in the morning til late at night. I was covered in clay and my fingernails were worn down to nubs. It was one of the best times of my life! Currently, I have my kitchen torn apart to repaint, my colored pencils out to finish a picture, and yarn all over the place, just because I like the colors. Does anyone else out there slog through messes in their daily quest to create? I'd love to hear from you!

No comments:

Post a Comment