Tuesday, June 29, 2010

In the beginning........


Well, this is where it all started. The year was 1974, and we were stationed at Ft. Ord, CA. A nice army post, but Steve had to work about 150 miles away, so I basically only saw him on weekends. So my little baby girl and I had a lot of time on our hands. Peter Max was very popular right then, and this crochet book caught my eye. Also, the Sunset book on Crochet (check the price!). My first crochet project was and intricate spider web shawl. Of course that would be someting I would pick! Not knowing a thing about crochet, I attempted something way out of my league. I did finish it, and it came out fine. I learned a lot and made many mistakes, but it started a love of crochet that's lasted all these years. Some of the Peter Max stuff is even back in fashion now! Such humble beginnings!

No comments:

Post a Comment