Wednesday, June 23, 2010

A Small Request


Okay, I have things to do and places to go, but how does a Grammy turn down a request from a two and a half year old for a blankie? Answer, she doesn't. All life as we know it has come to a screeching halt while I churn out a blankie for Molly. She had very specific instructions. It is to be yellow and happy. So I got some Vanna Baby yarn and am making the brightest, most gaudy blankie I can, to suit her taste! It's making up really fast and is quite fun actually. This pattern is from Lion Brand Free patterns and I am really having fun with it. I think all the grandkids need a new blankie and will probably get busy on them for Xmas. These are the memories we just can't be too busy for!

2 comments:

  1. lindy...
    i love this blankie...is there some way you could give me the pattern?
    i would even like to make it in a size for a throw, it is so cute. also the colors you have used make it so cute.....also, could you mention you yarn you used.
    thanks lindy......ann in south florida

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Ann! I would be happy to scan this pattern to you! I need your e-mail address. The yarn I used was Vanna's Choice, Pink Poodle (baby), Duckie (baby) and Goldfish (baby) If you are not familiar with it, it's a 4 weight and 100% Acrylic. I will be posting the finished blankie soon! Let me know how to reach you and thanks for visiting my blog! Lindy at:
    ladunn@q.com

    ReplyDelete